Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Ten Questions Plus 1 with author Devri Walls









      Are you a person who makes their bed in the morning, or do you not see much point? why do you or don’t you?
     I didn’t used to. In my younger days I thought it was a total waste of my time. But now, walking       into a room with a made bed seems eases my stress level. There is something about it that just makes me sigh, “Ahhhhhh! Everything is all right.”

Do you get road rage? What pisses you off the most about other drivers?
I decided that road rage was really not healthy, so I stopped. I’m pretty calm while driving these days. The only thing that gets to me is people driving under the speed limit, that tests my limits. (Smiles angelically) 

What is the most blatant lie you’ve ever told?
I’M FINE. (Every woman in the world will understand that)

Has the dog ever eaten your manuscript? Did you still give him treats afterward or was he/she in the proverbial doghouse?
We just acquired a dog a few months ago and no eating of manuscripts has transpired. Although, he has jumped on the keyboard a couple of times. I was not impressed. Dogs SO do not get treats after jumping on my very expensive keyboard.
 
What inspires you?
Everything. I find inspiration all around me, both visually and emotionally. There isn’t a place I go, or a special thing I do, to find it.Things that happen around me just click, and soon a storyline is off and running.

Tell me your biggest pet-peeve…the one that really bothers you that is a part of who you are? Why does it bother you so much?
I am an all or nothing personality. Balance is hard for me and it’s a constant battle. Often I feel like I am on a pendulum swinging from one side to the other, frantically grasping as I pass by the middle. It’s difficult to be this type or person and try to pull off what I do. I own my own preschool, teach at said preschool, teach voice lessons, write novels, mother two children, try to be all ‘wifey’ and stuff, cook, clean, etc….. Balance would be a super useful skill in my world. 

Before there was sliced bread, what do you think was the best thing and why?
Before there was sliced bread there was homemade bread. We gave up taste for convenience. I am ashamed. 

What is your worst quality, or the one you wish you can change about yourself?
I am very sensitive and often read things into situations that may not have been there at all. Hubby always tells me I shouldn’t care. I would really like one of those “off” switches so many of you guys seem to have. And a couple of you ladies too. How do you DO that?

Tell me about one of your relatives and the reason you think they are so great.
My grandmother is over 90 and is one of the funniest ladies I know. She is sweet and helpful and agreeable…but oh, when she gets mad- watch out! You know it. But her angry face is so darn cute I can’t help but laugh at her. 

What tips would you give to a new writer just getting started?
Finish the novel.
Edit the novel.
Find help editing the novel.
Learn your etiquette
THEN publish the novel.

Plus one

Tell me about your writing project in your own words, not something from your blog or from a blurb. What is your writing truly about.
My writing is about blissful, rampant, imagination. A true escape from this world into something so visually breathtaking that you want to stay there forever. I mix it with emotion,  because that is what I feel and see when I look around, add in issues we all face, and give a dash of humor to give us some room to breath. 
 





















You can read all about these books at Devri's Amazon site. Pick one up!








Connect with Devri!

Bio 

Devri Walls lives in Kuna ID with her husband, two kids and one very bouncy lab. After suffering from an abundance of creativity with not enough places to put it, she turned to writing. Which in the end, turned out to be exactly where she should have been putting it all along.
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment